INTERPRETER (SIGN LANGUAGE)
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Engages the client on routine to complex issues to ensure their needs and those of the organization are met.
2. Identifies ways to convey information to multiple sources in a clear and concise manner.
3. Maintains flexibility in involving others when completing a task
4. With guidance, seeks opportunities to collaborate or help solve a problem related to ASL/RA
5. Is comfortable around upper management
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Maintain certification from Registry of the Interpreter for the Deaf (RID).
2. Have experience that demonstrate knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of ASL interpretation.
3. Recognizes when others need assistance and responds with positive support to advance team or unit goals.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI