Student Trainee (Information Technology)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Students must be at least 16 years of age and meet Federal, State and Local laws governing the employment of minors.
If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
Must be a U.S. citizen prior to non-competitive conversion to a term or permanent position.
A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
Applicants must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment from a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis. Applicants must be seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, etc.) and be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or equivalent) throughout the duration of their program. Please see “Required Documents”.
- The duties of the position must be related to either the student’s academic or career goals.
GS-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associates degree (coursework in information technology, computer science or a related field is desired)
GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelors or equivalent degree (coursework in information technology, computer science or a related field is desired).
Applicants will be assessed/evaluated through application of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Schedule D, Pathways Internship Positions.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://www.ed.gov/.
A post-secondary certificate program must have been completed at a qualified educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year or full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
• BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
• Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
• More than one selection may be made if another vacancy occurs within 90 days of the issuance of the certification of eligibles.
Additional helpful hints can be found regarding information on:
• Federal Jobs by College Major and Internship/Recent Graduate Opportunities: (https://www.usajobs.gov/studentjobs)
• Federal Benefits (http://www.opm.gov/insure)
EEO Policy Statement:
Reasonable Accommodation Policy Statement: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/reasonable-accommodations/
Veterans Information: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-authorities/veterans-authorities/#url=Overview
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you provided false documentation, you will be removed from consideration.
This is a Pathways Intern Program position, all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications, to include any selective placement factor(s), if applicable, will be referred to the selecting official. Before a certificate is issued to the selecting official, the resume is reviewed to ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements. A rating will not be used;
Veterans’ preference applies in the order of selection. The order of selection is outlined in 5 CFR 302.304(b)(5)(ii) and states the following: “Under this method, all applicants on the reemployment list are considered before applicants on the regular employment list. On each list, preference eligibles having compensable service-connected disability of 10 percent or more and considered first, followed, second, by other 10-point preference eligibles, third, by 5-point preference eligibles, and, last, by non-preference eligibles”.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://ers.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=D9236CDD-5C00-4D72-AD60-A86400E4FDA3 Read more Security clearance Not Applicable