Information Technology Specialist
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualifications requirements for this position must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.Basic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience in each of the following four competencies listed below which must be supported by the information contained in your resume and other application materials.
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Reviews moderately complex data from multiple sources and determine relevant information to a given situation. Drafts, edits, and disseminates written reports and status updates that are factual, timely and relatively error free.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Maintains relationships with customers with diverse needs. Provides moderately technical or complex information about products and services. Assesses customers' needs and identifies products and/or services to meet their needs. Resolves fairly complex or non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; directs the most complex problems, questions, or complaints to the appropriate person.
- ORAL COMMUNICATION: Communicates, explains or defends complex information technology ideas and information clearly and adapts to the audiences level of knowledge. Thoughts are well organized. Listens to others, and recognizes potential miscommunications.
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Uses logic to identify alternatives to solve complex or sensitive technological problems; anticipates problems and identifies and evaluates potential sources of information and generates alternatives to solve problems where precedents do not exist.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one or more years of specialized work experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service performing duties related to:
- Developing policies and procedures to ensure the reliability and accessibility of organizational information systems and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data;
- Conducting risk, secure configuration and vulnerability assessment of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs;
- Developing systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures;
- Preparing and maintaining detailed technical, project planning and management documentation concerning computer security projects and the computer security portions of systems development projects;
- Providing technical advice, guidance, and assistance on critical IT security issues; and
- Developing and conducting training to ensure that the systems, networks, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
- Education cannot substitute for experience for the GS-13 position.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Additional information about ICTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and rate equivalent to the Highly Qualified or better category using established category rating criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ctap
Note: Multiple selections may be made from this announcement. Salaries listed above are an approximation and are subject to duty station locality adjustment.
Selective Service Information: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/fair-and-transparent/selective-service/
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
Best Qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
Highly Qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job;
Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
Names of all candidates in the best qualified category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Network Management
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
- Problem Solving
- Systems Testing and Evaluation