Trial Attorney (Transportation), GS - 0905 - 11/12/13/14 (Excepted Service)
Occasional travel - This position may involve occasional travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- This position is subject to a background investigation.
Unless the vacancy announcement specifically asks for examples of work products, writing samples, letters of reference, pictures, or training certificates, do NOT submit them to the Automated Staffing Office. They will not be forwarded to the official making the selection for this vacancy.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the MANDATORY education and experience qualifications for the grade for which you are requesting consideration
TO QUALIFY FOR THE GS-11:
On Experience, you must have at least one year of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
- A law degree, bar membership and one year of professional attorney experience.
On Experience, you must have at least two years of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
- A law degree, bar membership and either two years of professional attorney experience or a second professional law degree (LL.M.) which requires one full year of graduate study.
On Experience, you must have at least three years of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
- A law degree, bar membership and either three years of professional attorney experience or two years of professional attorney experience and a second professional law degree (LL.M) which requires one full year of graduate study.
On Experience, you must have at least four years of equal or equivalent experience, it must include:
- A law degree, bar membership and either four years of professional attorney experience or three years of professional attorney experience and a second professional law degree (LL.M) which requires one full year of graduate study.
For additional information regarding applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
Students enrolled in a qualifying degree program can apply if the anticipated graduation date is within six months of closing date of the announcement. Graduation transcript must be received before start date.
Other applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
MANDATORY EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
In order to qualify for this position, candidates must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have a professional law degree (J.D. or equivalent), and must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a State or Territory of the United States or the District of Columbia.
Managers may exercise discretion to allow a limited amount of regular or task-based telework for this position.
CONTINUED REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
SUPPLEMENTAL DOCUMENTATION THAT SHOULD BE UPLOADED AND/OR FAXED VIA THE AUTOMATED ONLINE PROCESS ONLY:
- Performance Appraisals (Current Federal employees)
- VETERANS: Department of Transportation attorney positions are in the excepted service, not the competitive civil service. There is no formal rating system for applying veterans’ preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of Transportation considers veterans’ preference eligibility as a positive factor in the attorney hiring process. If you are eligible for veterans’ preference in hiring, you are encouraged to include that information in your application along with supporting documentation, e.g., SF15, DD214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other supporting documentation.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the basic qualifications for this position, specifically the educational and specialized experience requirements.
Applicants will not be rated or ranked.
All applications that are verified to meet the basic qualifications will be referred to the selecting official.
The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers.
DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE: PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/ application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s). Your resume must contain sufficiently detailed information upon which to make a qualification determination. Please ensure that your resume contains specific information such as position titles, beginning and ending dates of employment for each position, average number of hours worked per week, and if the position is/was in the Federal government, you should provide the position series and grade level.
To preview questions please click here.