25% or less - Occasional Overnight Travel May Be Required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation expenses are authorized.
Bar membership required.
Completion of Confidential Financial Disclosure may be required.
Moderate Risk Position - Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) required.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/CG-14 or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized experience is described as experience providing advice and recommendations on the interpretation and enforceability of consumer protection laws (e.g., section 5 of the FTC Act, TILA, and RESPA) and civil rights laws (e.g., FHA and ECOA) applicable to insured depository institutions, and the appropriate handling of actions involving such laws, including administrative enforcement actions or equivalent litigation.
There is no substitution of education for the experience for this position.
To read about your rights and responsibilities as an applicant for Federal employment, click here.
If selected, you may be required to serve a trial period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume will be reviewed, including the online assessment questionnaire, to assess your ability to perform this job. Top ranked candidates will be referred to the selecting official for further review and consideration. If you rated yourself higher than what is supported by your resume, your overall qualifications assessment may be adversely affected.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure your ability in the following competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of rules of evidence and civil procedure and practice, and the ability to effectively represent the Corporation at trials and hearings.
- Skill in drafting memoranda, legal opinions, regulations, pleadings, motions, briefs and other legal documents.
- Knowledge of consumer protection and civil rights laws applicable to insured financial institutions, including section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act (unfair and deceptive acts or practices) Equal Credit Opportunity Act; Fair Housing Act; the Truth in Lending Act; Fair Credit Reporting Act; Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; Truth in Savings Act; Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; among others.
- Knowledge of FDIC functions, practices, and procedures consumer protection examination of institutions, supervision and compliance activities.
- Knowledge of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act, the Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989, State banking laws and FDIC rules and regulations.
- Ability to conduct investigations and take sworn statements.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation