Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector.
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination or immediate revocation of your interim clearance (if applicable).
For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Planning, organizing, and carrying out all phases of an acquisition related to the procurement of supplies and services in support of an operational mission; AND
- Executing contractual agreements; AND
- Purchasing or administering services in accordance with procurement laws, regulations and processes.
For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Experience with contract types, such as fixed price or cost reimbursement, including required clauses and special provisions; AND
- Experience with contract writing systems, financial systems, or other electronic procurement databases and systems; AND
- Experience with procurement laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
3 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Generating contractual agreements to include, purchase orders, contracts and the end to end administration of these orders; AND
- Experience interpreting and preparing documents in compliance with the procurement laws.
2 full academic years of progressively higher level graduate education or masters or equivalent graduate degree or LL.B. or J.D.
For the GS 09 and the GS-11 only, You may combine education and expereince as follows: Combinations of successfully completed post-high school education and experience may be used to meet total qualification requirements for the grade levels specified, and may be computed by first determining your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; then determining your education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; and then adding the two percentages. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent or more to qualify for that grade level. Only graduate education in excess of the amount required for the next lower grade level may be used to qualify applicants.
A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field; OR
At least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Exceptions: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. Employees who occupy GS-1102 positions at grades 5 through 12 will be considered to meet the basic requirements for other GS-1102 positions up to and including those classified at GS-12. This includes positions at other agencies and promotions up through grade 12. However, employees must meet specialized experience requirements when seeking another position.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- The facility shuts down annually between Christmas and New Year's Day. Employees must take leave for work days during the shutdown period.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Wear required safety clothing and/or equipment required by the position. This may include safety shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, gloves, masks, etc.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Technical, Project Management and Communication. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Gold, Silver, and Bronze depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview. We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.