Interdisciplinary- Physical Scientist // General Engineer
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Work Schedule: Fulltime
Tour of Duty: Flexible
Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Financial Disclosure: Required
Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible
Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information.
For more information, please visit General Application Information and Definitions
Must qualify for and maintain a Top Secret Security/SCI Clearance.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and random drug testing thereafter.
Travel (up to 25%) is required, both inside and outside of the continental U.S
Required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement, annually.
ACQUISITION POSITION: This is an Acquisition Workforce position in the Science Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Technology Engineering - S&T Manager career field. The incumbent is required to become certified, Level III in the applicable career field within 24 months, unless a position requirements waiver is approved to extend the 24 months. The incumbent must obtain a minimum of 80 continuous learning points (CLPs) for every 2 year CLP period, with a goal of at least 40 annually.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service:
- Experience developing CBRN modeling and simulation software tools based on knowledge of complex physical and dynamic systems.
- Experience in the operational use of CBRN modeling and simulation software tools.
- Experience creating research and development programs/projects.
- Experience developing financial plans associated with multi-project research and development portfolios.
- Experience managing financial resources to achieve obligation and expenditure goals. ; OR\
C.General Engineer (0801): 1. Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
2. I have current registration as a professional engineer by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. I have listed information about this registration in my resume.
3. I have evidence of having successfully passed the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) examination, or the written test required for professional registration, which is administered by the Boards of Engineering Examiners in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
4. I have successfully completed at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and in engineering that included the courses specified in the basic requirements. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of a professional engineering curriculum as described in choice A.
5. I have a related bachelor degree (e.g. engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology or geology AND have at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. I have proof of this experience via a signed letter by my supervisor verifying the training received and/or duties I performed as a professional engineer.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
In addition to meeting qualifications, your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the 0801 // 1301 series.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Employees Serviced by DLA: Civilian Federal employees who receive human resources servicing through the Defense Logistics Agency DO NOT need to submit supporting documentation if applying through merit promotion. Your record in Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF) will be used to verify your eligibility. It is your responsibility to ensure the required documents are in your eOPF for verification purposes. If your documents are not in eOPF, you must submit them to the announcement you are applying for at time of application. Failure to submit all of the documents on time will result in automatic disqualification.
All current and former Federal employees must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 showing your tenure, grade and step, and type of position occupied (i.e., Excepted or Competitive).
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service see: https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be evaluated.
The following competencies will be used to assess your qualifications:
1. Technical and operational expertise in CBRN modeling and simulation.
2. Technical project/prorgram development and management.
3. Financial planning and execution.