Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).Qualifying experience for the EL-15 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to EL-14 which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
Examples of specialized experience include the following:
- Led, collaborated, and demonstrated team-work including the ability to manage multiple related projects including comparative financial statement analysis and performance reporting.
- Communicated effectively including strong writing skills demonstrated through analysis memos, recommendations, comparative financial performance presentations, and other earnings reporting.
- Served as technical expert offering advice on a broad range of accounting issues such as: accounting and auditing standards, aspects of the ICFR process, mortgages, investments, hedging, and the evaluation of the effects of any standards on the Housing GSEs.
- Compiled, analyzed, and assessed complex financial, non-financial, and operational data to assess the condition and performance of the Housing GSEs;
- Planned, organized, led, and executed studies and projects related to internal and external auditing standards and financial reporting standards.
- Performed field work and developed and prepared related findings, conclusions and recommendations. Gave briefings and technical presentations to senior managers, and staff on financial reporting, earnings, and financial statement issues affecting the Housing GSEs.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
***There is currently one vacancy available. However, should additional vacancies become available within three months from the opening date of this announcement, eligible applicants for this position may be referred for consideration for the additional position(s).
Benefits remain the same.
FHFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability (physical or mental), age (40 years of age or over), genetic information, parental status, marital status, prior protected EEO activity, political affiliation, or other non-merit factors.
FHFA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, except when doing so would pose an undue hardship on the Agency. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify FHFA at (202) 649-3675. The Agency's decision on granting a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be rated based on your responses to the job specific questionnaire and assigned a score ranging from 70 to 100 points. The top ten candidates, and those tied for the tenth spot, will be referred for selection.
All of the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references or through other means, such as the interview process. This verification could occur at any stage of the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation