Multimedia Specialist, Center for Child and Human Development - Georgetown University Medical Cente
Multimedia Specialist, Center for Child and Human Development - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development (GUCCHD) was established more than 50 years ago to improve the quality of life for all children and youth and their families, especially those with special health care needs, behavioral health challenges or disabilities (including adults with disabilities). Locally, nationally and globally, we bring to bear our unique capacities on critical social issues of our time such as poverty, health and mental health inequities, and homelessness.
The Multimedia Specialist assists in audio-visual productions by working with producers and directors on the design, installation, and positioning of sets and props and advises speakers and presenters on media alternatives. Reporting to the Assistant Administrator, the Multimedia Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
Information Technology and ELearning Modalities
- Supports faculty, staff, and students in facilitating eLearning and access to information technology applications to enhance teaching and training endeavors.
- Provides optimum services and assistance to support research and web-based data collection.
- Creates web-based training, classroom, or instructional materials.
- Creates instructional materials and trains users in the proper use of hardware and software as needed to ensure proper execution.
- Writes and produces short-form content, sizzle reels, and image spots.
- Defines image requirements and plans photographic events.
- Conducts all video/photo shoots.
- Carefully maintains studio equipment and makes recommendations on the purchase of new equipment.
- Coordinates and hires photographic/video crews for larger projects.
Motion Graphics / Post Production
- Works closely with product managers, visual designers, and development team to appropriately evolve designs from concept to launch.
- Adheres to all corporate brand guidelines when preparing graphic materials.
- Develops creative graphics that simplify complex messages.
- Manages media database, online video accounts, and media creation for a multitude of projects.
- Supports Center Director in updates and maintenance of CCHD website and provides assistance to other team members and programs on development of content and other website-related issues.
- Monitors web traffic, performance, and activity.
- Reviews statistics and makes recommendations for enhancements as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in media, instructional design, educational technology or related field
- 5 to 7 years of related experience working in an educational institution providing multimedia solutions to further instructional and research projects
- Demonstration of an area of specialization such as instructional management systems, distance and telecommunicated learning, online education and instructional design, classroom media integration, computing facility management, or integrated technology-based course design
- Expertise in both Mac and PC platforms
- Knowledge of web development, online conferencing, multimedia, presentation tools, and emerging technologies
- Extensive knowledge of informational technology to support emerging online learning modalities such as open courseware, live virtual courseware, and other software platforms that support virtual and classroom-based interactive learning
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.