4 days left
- Full Time
- Develops and maintains working relationship with public and private partners.
- Technical lead in the development and/or evaluation of design and construction standards, innovative storm water practices, and project management processes.
- Supports development of work plan and budget.
- Provides strong leadership and management skills.
- Mentors other team members.
- Promotes safety awareness and enforces safety.
Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to: graduation from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technologies with a bachelor's degree in the appropriate engineering or architectural field; and five years of progressively responsible professional experience in the appropriate engineering field.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaborate with public and private partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships with other professionals, residents, and environmental groups.
- Strong organizational, team leadership, and program/project management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and management of watershed restoration and stormwater capital improvement projects.
- Experience in site development and/or neighborhood stormwater improvement projects that use green stormwater infrastructure practices.
- Knowledge of the Virginia Stormwater Management Program and Virginia Erosion and Sediment Control laws, regulations, and certifications as well as design standards and specifications of stormwater best management practices (BMPs). Knowledge and experience in stream restoration projects including assessment, design, permitting and construction support services.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
A driver's license is required. Possession of a valid virginia Professional Engineer or Architect license. An individual who possesses a valid Professional Engineer or Architect license in another state will be granted a temporary exemption to this requirement pending the Board for Architects, Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, Certified Interior Designers & Landscape Architects decision regarding that individual's application for reciprocity. As a Professional Engineer or Registered Architect, signs and seals own work product and/or that of subordinate staff.
Physically and mentally able to use all applicable personal protective equipment in an outdoor environment; including hardhat, eye protection, hearing protection safety footwear, long pants, sleeved shirt, and personal fall arrest harness. The duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodation.
Is required to complete a criminal history background check and driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.
The appointee of this position is designated as essential emergency services personnel and is required to be available 24 hours a day/seven days a week (24/7) to respond to snow, flooding, and other designated emergencies on an as needed basis.
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. EEO/AA/TTY.