A/P Assistant - $21-23/hr
AP Clerk needed ASAP for an amazing non-profit organization located in the DC metro area! The organization is heavily involved with the community, catering to women and children. The organization is a lovely, bright, and welcoming environment to work in. Their main mission is to give back to their community! This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is seeking growth in AP. This is a contract position offering an hourly rate of $21-23/hr, with the potential of possibly converting to a perm position offering a salary in the high 40's!
- Reviews, codes and enter all invoices, check request, Petty Cash and expense reimbursements into accounting software in a timely manner
- Distributes invoices to appropriate managers for authorization in a timely manner
- Assure invoices are matched with Purchase Orders, and purchase orders are properly coded to the appropriate program, grant and site codes
- Reviews Account Payable aging reports regularly, identifies vendors to be paid and submits aging report with suggested payments to Controller orCFO for approval for weekly check runs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business preferred. Minimum requirement: Associate's Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Must have two – three years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Exp. with GP Dynamics is a plus