Immediate opening for an experienced Medical Biller to work at a busy OB-GYN practice. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for entering charges
- Responsible for verifying correct insurance and adding appropriate modifiers based on insurance policies.
- Enter payments to appropriate encounters ensuring accuracy of reimbursement.
- Addresses any claim denials with the appropriate insurance company.
- Electronically submits insurance claims and patient statements.
- Address outstanding A/R promptly to get claims paid correctly and efficiently.
- Monitors patient A/R monthly and makes appropriate phone calls for outstanding balances.
- Answers staff and patient questions promptly.
- Works with the providers to ensure accurate coding and charge entry.
- Follows up with the patient for appropriate out of pocket expenses.
- Prints outstanding patient balances for patients upcoming appointment.
- 4+ years of experience in a medical practice. OB/GYN experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural code sets is required
- Medics Elite experience is a PLUS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid attention to details