Production Planning Specialist (1041-679)
This is a hands-on, non-supervisory position responsible for the planning, scheduling, and tracking and reporting of all aspects of reference standard development. The incumbent assists scientific staff with prioritization and development planning to ensure timely and accurate completion of projects. In this visible and influential role, you will interface with Reference Standards Evaluation (RSE) scientific staff and with other departments to organize and provide information and feedback to internal customers regarding the reference standard development progress.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop production schedules and prioritization of RS bulk testing as it relates to RSL/Laboratory scheduling. Applies priority formula for RS development;
- Provides fast and efficient scheduling of testing for Reference Standards development;
- Monitors and provides feedback on scheduled testing due dates;
- Coordinates with RSL laboratories and contract/collaborating laboratories to ensure timely delivery of test data and reports;
- Develops prioritization plans for all USP Reference Standard Laboratories based on the Months to Depletion (MTD) report, sales and marketing projections, laboratory testing capacity, and other relevant data;
- Implements methods for improving tracking and reporting throughout the RS development process;
- Executes planning and scheduling (Master Schedule) activities for assigned projects;
- Manages daily and weekly production attainment;
- Collaborates with laboratory staff and other cross-functional groups to implement corrective action plans, if necessary;
- Support Up-To-Date and CSU projects, track status and projects;
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and provides information technology support to RSE department.
- BS Degree in management, science, or engineering and 3 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, foods, or dietary supplement manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Oracle-based systems. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Outstanding planning, prioritization, and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple projects with competing resources and deadlines. Strong negotiation and influence skills. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision, yet understands when to elevate issues if necessary. APICS certification a plus. Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex forecasting and inventory models. Ability to handle a fast-paced working environment. Detail-oriented with strong sense of urgency.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular