Business Development Representative
Valbin Corporation is one of the Top 50 Woman-Owned Businesses in Maryland. Our mission is to provide superior linguistic, analytical, and cultural services to the diplomatic, defense, intelligence, and business sectors. Through our departments of Linguistic and Analytical Services, Mission Readiness Support, and Intelligence and Operations Support, we offer uncompromised performance, partnership, and excellence.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Business Development Representative will lead an aggressive effort to identify new business opportunities within the Government contracting industry. The candidate will be responsible for arranging customer meetings and marketing the company’s capabilities to potential business leads.
- Proactively identify new business opportunities through GovWin, FedBizOps, GSA, etc. and develop win strategy
- Secure meetings with potential customers and present the Company’s capabilities and past performance
- Continually update GovCon market knowledge by attending networking events, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Prepare high level forecast of potential opportunities to present to Company management during weekly BD meetings
- Identifies potential subcontractors, vendors, and teaming partners for new opportunities
- Market research to identify business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, current customer preferences, competitive assessments, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- BA is required with a focus in Business or Marketing
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development
- Previous experience working with Government contracts- particular in the Defense and Intelligence sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to confidently present Company capabilities in front of potential clients
- Active Secret clearance or higher preferred