Williams & Connolly LLP, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Paralegal I. This is an entry-level position within a tiered department. Our depth of experienced, upper-level paralegals and case managers, as well as our unique, single office location, offer the stage to foster close mentoring relationships and chances for growth. The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a strong interest in the legal profession and litigation, those with the desire to attend law or graduate school and willing to make a 2-year minimum commitment, or for those that would like the opportunity to build a career with well-respected, top professional trial teams. Under the direction of the Director of Paralegals, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing paralegal support to attorneys, senior paralegals and case managers through all phases of litigation;
- Managing all case materials, including all electronic files and database applications;
- Obtaining from, or filing materials with, federal and local courts and agencies;
- Factual research;
- Tracking the course of information and case materials;
- Preparing for and attending trials and arbitration proceedings.
The ideal candidate is required to have a minimum:
- BA/BS degree:
- The ability to travel during out-of-state trials;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound judgment and problem solving abilities;
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat; as well as the aptitude for learning new software.
Applicants must be customer service oriented with experience multitasking and working under tight deadlines. Flexibility to work overtime, weekends and holidays, as well as travel are required. The ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs. is required.
Staff Recruiting Manager
Williams & Connolly LLP
725 Twelfth Street, N.W.,
Washington, D.C. 20005
Apply on firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams & Connolly LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer