Requisition ID 107921BR
Date updated 12/18/2017
The Database Engineer provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis. Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design. Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls. The Database Engineer works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC). Develops requirements from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and Information Technology (IT) subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts. Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies.
- Must have a Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (SSBI within the last 5 years) U.S. Citizenship required. Apache Hadoop, PostgresSQL, MYSQL or VMware or Oracle DBMS knowledge Possess knowledge of SQL Server and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments. Experience with data and schema design and engineering Demonstrated practical experience with data migration from legacy systems to central repositories Industry standard exchange schema implementation experience (E.g. Cybox or Capec) Be able to evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades. Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration, memory usage, data access, data manipulation, SQL, and physical storage. Experience supporting technology strategy / roadmap. Experience with development and execution of database security policies, procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods, authorization methods, and data encryption techniques. Possess good communication skills, both oral and written. Must work well in a team environment as well as independently. Must exhibit good time management skills, independent decision making capability; focus on customer service. Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
- Experience database engineering support to DHS, DoD or Intelligence Customers Data Scientist skills and experience Understanding of Certification and Accreditation (NIST 800-53) processes as they apply to database technologies Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred. Experience working with large unstructured data sets Experience with Map/Reduce technologies Experience with process development and deployment Trained in Six Sigma Methodology ITIL knowledge and certification
- Supervises development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software. Coordinates development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development. Assesses requirement recommendations from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular Business and IT subject matter area (i.e. simple to complex systems)
- Six (6) or more years of database engineering experience required.
[A Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience] Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics OR related field
[Eight (8) years of experience (for a total of fourteen (14) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.] Master’s degree preferred.
- DODI 8570.1 Compliance at IAT Level I certification required.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist CCDH: Cloudera Certified Developer for Apache Hadoop CCAH: Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop CCSHB: Cloudera Certified Specialist in Apache HBase CSSLP Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
Database specific certifications as appropriate to position
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.