Cyber Defense Analyst
A Sparks Group Partner is looking to hire a Cyber Defense Analyst for a Federal Client in Maryland for a long-term and recently awarded project. Are you a Cyber Security professional who is passionate about hunting APTs? Would you be interested in joining a team of cyber security pros who are experts at their craft? Do you have blue team or red team experience at a Federal Agency? Do you have expertise with network analysis, PCAP and SIEM? If yes, this could be a great opportunity for you!
As a Cyber Defense Analyst you will be responsible for reviewing the network flow, PCAP, logs, and sensors and for evidence of cyber-attack patterns, and hunt for Advance Persistent Threats.
- Actively hunt for threats in network and on host
- Leverage network flow, PCAP, logs and sensors
- Find evidence of attack, and attackers actions
- Work with team to produce effective countermeasures
- Contribute to mitigations for future attacks of a similar nature
- Follow Security Operations Center policies, procedures for incident reporting and management
- Create a detailed Incident Reports and contribute to lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Monitor open source and commercial threat intelligence for IOCs, new vulnerabilities, software weaknesses, and other potential threats
- Conduct forensic testing and operational hardening of multiple OS platforms
- Analyze network perimeter data, flow, packet filtering, proxy firewalls, and IPS/IDS to create and implement a concrete plan of action to harden the defensive posture
- Provide detailed input to watchlog and provide thorough pass-down
Qualified candidates should send their resume to Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!