Director, Technology Infrastructure
The Director, IT Infrastructure supports the Managing Director, Technology and Operations and is responsible for the entire IT Infrastructure supporting CAQH Solutions. The Director oversees the architecture, design, Implementation and operation of all compute, storage and network infrastructure. In addition, the Director collaborates with the Director, Technology to select, implement and manage the Common Framework components (Identity Management, Document Management, Email Services, etc.) used across the suite of CAQH technology Solutions. The position oversees new and existing vendor contracts, participates in vendor negotiations and ensures that reliable, secure, and effective technology infrastructure services are delivered by the vendors.
The role requires deep functional and operational knowledge of modern technology infrastructure and a proven ability to effectively work in a highly outsourced environment. This position is full-time exempt.
- In collaboration with the Managing Director and Director of Technology, develop and communicate the CAQH technology strategy.
- Architect and implement scalable, reliable and resilient infrastructure solutions to meet the business goals of CAQH Solutions. Define processes to manage the demands of business partners and clients.
- Manage and oversee the Infrastructure Services provided by CAQH vendors. Ensure that the Vendors contractually agree to and, on an ongoing basis, adhere to the Quality, CyberSecurity and Compliance requirements for our Solutions. Oversee the Disaster Recovery preparedness and testing for all CAQH Technology Solutions.
- Ensure that infrastructure components are systematically monitored for high-availability, reliability and performance of our Solutions and Services. Develop reports and dashboards to monitor and communicate Solution availability and performance. Establish SLAs and ensure compliance to all SLAs by vendors.
- Gather and analyze capacity and performance data to help design and implement changes and/or enhancements based on analysis. Oversee capacity planning for all Infrastructure to ensure ongoing upgrades to the infrastructure to minimize risk to the business. Actively monitor new technologies and services available in the market to ensure that we are leveraging the best possible solutions to support our customers.
- Develop and Manage the IT infrastructure budget. Constantly work on reducing total cost of ownership for the technology infrastructure.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep understanding of modern cloud-centric technology infrastructure solutions and services.
- Ability to analyze complex business needs and recommend practical technical solutions.
- Ability to manage complex and multiple outsourcing engagements and deliver high quality infrastructure services in an outsourced environment. Ability to manage vendors to meet development scope, schedule and budget commitments across concurrent projects.
- Ability to think creatively when leading technical projects to troubleshoot or solve problems.
- Ability to research and identify innovative solutions to problems and proven track record of managing an RFP process.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills with strong and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including executive presentations. Experience with budgeting & financial management.
- Highly motivated, results oriented.
- 10+ years in supervisory work experience in a professional systems administration environment in customer support, in a medical center, or higher education administration or similar is required.
- 5+ years supervising technology staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), accompanied by a pleasant personality, positive attitude, and the willingness to work with and help others.
- Customer service experience required, with a proven ability to manage difficult situations and/or challenging customers.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016 and 2017, CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.