Chief Financial Officer
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Some local travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
• Minimum 12 years experience in professional, executive level financial management in multiple program areas. Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the position. Advanced degree in a discipline related to the position or an equivalent level of professional work experience preferred.• Minimum 12 years of experience in progressive managerial/supervisory positions including effective use of employee performance plans and evaluations, coaching and mentoring techniques, and addressing employee conflicts and disciplinary actions. Proven experience at the executive leadership level.
• Strong emphasis on strategic, long term planning. Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Finance strategy according to best practices required.
• Experience with/in developing, implementing and championing new strategic initiatives through effective change management practices.
• Experience with/in developing, implementing, and maintaining internal workplace policies, standards, procedures, and practices.
• Experience with/in establishing and maintaining administrative, quality control, and measurement criteria and processes.
• Experience with/in planning, project management, budget formulation (personnel and program), and procurement systems.
• Thorough knowledge of the legislative environment, U.S. House of Representatives, and the operations thereof, preferred.
• Must successfully complete a criminal history records check [or other applicable security clearance] and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).
Bachelor's Degree in related field of study.
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should contact a CAO Human Resources representative at CAOHumanResources@mail.house.gov for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and a pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).
Title 1 of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended (5 U.S. C app§ 101 et seq.) requires certain House employees, to file Financial Disclosure Statements, for information please visit http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/financial.aspx.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Highly qualified candidates will be evaluated based on a structured interview.
The incumbent’s pay grade and compensation level are determined based on applicable professional experience, job knowledge, past performance, proven leadership and management skills, assigned level of responsibility, and size and scope of Unit, in comparison to local market rates of pay for equivalent criteria within the applicable discipline.
The position has day-to-day executive leadership responsibilities.