Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) NF-02
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Possesses and maintains the following certifications:
- Lifeguard (American Red Cross or nationally recognized equivalent i.e. Star Guard or Ellis)
- American Red Cross Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for the Professional; CPR for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis)
- American Red Cross Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Ellis & Associates AED certification)
- First Aid
2. Customer service experience.
1. American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Lifeguard Instructor Certification).
2. American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or nationally recognized equivalent (i.e. Star Guard or Ellis Water Safety Instructor Certification).
**NOTE: Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications and highly desirable criteria will be referred to management for consideration first. All other applicants will be referred as needed and requested by management.**
Reminder: Your experience has to be clearly identified in your application package/resume in order to receive consideration.
(Format example: Month/Year to Month/Year employment with summary of duties).
Reminder: A copy of your training certificate(s) must be submitted with your application package no later than 11:59 PM EST on the closing of this announcement.
Physical Requirement: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds to be able to move pool chemicals which weigh 50 pounds each. In addition, in the event of an emergency the incumbent needs to be able to assist with lifting a customer from the pool during a rescue. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity. In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B vaccination series within a 24-hour period. Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click here to view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAF_Applicant_Information_Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
** This announcement has been amended on 3 May 2018 to now reflect Regular Part-Time as an additional appointment type offered **
** This announcement has been amended on 21 May 2018 to now reflect Regular Full-Time as an additional appointment type offered **
**THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL ALL VACANCIES ARE FILLED. THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE EXTENDED OR CLOSED PRIOR TO THE CURRENT CLOSING DATE. APPLICANTS WILL BE REFERRED TO THE SELECTING OFFICIAL AS VACANCIES OCCUR. POSITIONS ARE FILLED/REFERRED ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS** Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)