Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for conference and training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel occasionally to attend conferences and/or training.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Successfully complete a background investigation that includes criminal history, financial history (including a credit check) and other information.
Experience: All applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V or GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Providing leadership, guidance and advice on a cyber security risk management framework; AND
- Preparing and conducting cyber security control testing for new and existing applications, systems, and programs.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
It is desirable that you possess the following Certifications, but NOT required. If you possess any of these certifications, please ensure that your resume describes this in detail.
CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
GSEC – Security Essentials Certification
GSLC - Security Leadership Certification
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Referral: All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the position will be referred to the selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must be Well-Qualified to receive special selection priority. "Well-Qualified" means identifying actual and potential cybersecurity risks, and advanced threats; conducting, evaluating and implementing new security technologies and methods to eliminate or reduce cyber security risks. This experience must be described in detail within your resume.
To preview questions please click here.