Pathways Summer Intern (Student Trainee Workforce Development), GS-0199-07 (PATH)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Definition of Student: Student is defined as an individual accepted for enrollment or enrolled and seeking a degree (diploma, or certificate) in a qualifying academic institution, on a half or full-time basis. Half-time is defined by the educational institution in which the student is enrolled. Students do not have to be in actual physical attendance in school, online curriculums are acceptable as long as the school is accredited by the Department of Education:
COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT: Applicants must submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses, course title, and number of credit hours. You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process, but an official certified copy must be received before you can report to duty.
Proof of Enrollment: NOAA will use applicants transcript as proof of enrollment in the identified college/university. A letter from an educational institution indicating acceptance may be used as proof of enrollment for those students who are continuing studies at a new college or university. An official transcript will be required before you can report to duty.
- Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. The position may require a background investigation at the time of appointment, and may be subject to reinvestigation every five years thereafter. A favorable adjudication of the background investigation is a condition of employment.
- If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on you entry-on-duty-date will be verified through the DHS “E-VERIFY” system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice via Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. National;
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of appointment;
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a student at least on a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program;
- Be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution (at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale);
- Provide an official certified school transcript or proof of enrollment; and
- If selected, must sign a Pathways Programs Internship Program Agreement after being appointed. Official transcripts will be required before you can report to duty.
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcement are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/final-groupcoveragequalificationstandardforpathwaysprogramschedule-20d.pdf
To qualify at the GS-07 level:
EDUCATION: Completion of 1 full academic year of graduate level education; or Eligibility under the Superior Academic Achievement Provision and completion of a bachelor's degree.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: One full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Assisting in conducting surveys and drafting simple reports on the findings of different; and
- Verifying, analyzing, compiling, and summarizing gathered data and information.
COMBINATION: Combination of education and experience.
All academic degrees or course work must be completed in an educational institution that has obtained accreditation from an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools that meet this criteria, see http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx.
NOAA participates in e-Verify which is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that enables participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, supporting documents and responses to the online questionnaire will be reviewed to determine if you meet eligibility and minimum qualification requirements. Veterans’ preference applies to all selections made under the Pathways Programs authority in accordance with 5 CFR Part 302.
To preview questions please click here.