Economics Full-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleEconomics Full-time Faculty
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a full-time, Economics faculty member to start in August 2018 for the fall semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment, and welcome the opportunity to work with students with diverse learning abilities. The successful candidate will support a proposed Finance Lab that will offer opportunities for students to learn about finance and investment. Economic faculty members participate in leadership roles with the Macklin Business Institute (an honors experiential learning program for business students) and the Hillman Entrepreneurs Program (a second-year program for budding entrepreneurs), as well as teach honors Economic students. Montgomery College provides an excellent opportunity to teach in a large, urban community college setting. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach macroeconomics and microeconomics within the Business and Economics Department
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to Economics.
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, online, or possibly be asked to teach on another campus if needed. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Engage students in their learning through active collaborative learning approaches.
- Meet with students outside of class to assist them with being successful college students.
- Apply culturally relevant pedagogies to the teaching and learning process.
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform such as Blackboard and other relevant technology into instruction, including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction.
- Advise students about program curriculum, transfer issues and careers in Business and Economics.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees.
- Participate in select Macklin Business Institute, Hillman Entrepreneurs Program, or other honors program activities.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- A Master's degree or higher in Economics with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline.
- Must be qualified to teach macroeconomics and microeconomics.
- Evidence of teaching or work experience in the field.
- Ability to lead curricular and co-curricular programming in finance and investments.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery.
- Understanding of and commitment to the community college mission.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- College level teaching experience.
- Experience supporting students with varying level of preparedness for college-level work.
- Demonstration of student engagement strategies that help students succeed in the course.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience teaching distance learning and/or hybrid courses
- Experience leading academic initiatives
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online Applications must be received by March 1, 2018
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateThursday, March 1, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.