SUMMARY: Provide administrative support to Division Director and Deputy Director through communication, coordination, and implementation of daily and long-term division goals.
- Perform as division budget coordinator to include, but not be limited to the following duties: act as liaison with Financial Services Division; assist department managers in developing their annual budgets; assist Director/Deputy Director (D/DD) in departmental budget development and review; review departmental budget data entry and updates as required; review monthly variance reports, identify areas of concern, and report results to Director/Deputy in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review and ensure accuracy of all documents requiring D/DD authorization such as purchase requisitions, travel authorizations, expense reports, etc., in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide accurate and timely follow-up on project status and action items delegated to departmental managers. Assist D/DD with duties by responding to/delegating routine tasks, responses, and actions.
- Review and edit weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports from departments. Consolidate divisional reports as required for submission to Executive Director’s office in an accurate and timely manner.
- Identify and recommend concepts to enhance staff productivity/morale and initiate concepts approved by D/DD.
- Assume sole responsibility for monitoring, reviewing, and processing division timecards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Act as liaison for business and organizational information flow from other NRA divisions: receive, circulate, collect and return information as appropriate.
- Screen telephone calls for D/DD and route calls to appropriate staff as necessary. Greet visitors to department in a courteous and professional manner.
- Oversee purchase activity for the division’s Administrative office supply budget. Provide guidance on monthly/fiscal year status.
- Prepare/generate correspondence and memoranda for D/DD. Transcribe official minutes from NRA Board of Director Committee meetings in an accurate and timely manner, when requested.
- Facilitate onboarding/orientation for new division employees, including instructing new/transferred department managers on divisional procedures and policies, processes and tracking.
- Maintain Administrative department reference files in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee incoming mail distribution by staff members and temporarily handle distribution as needed. Process outgoing mail/packages in a timely manner, when required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
High visibility with Education & Training division, other NRA divisions, NRA members, other membership organizations and their representatives, and the general public. Occasional direct contact with governmental organizations. Positions functions within a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions, shifting priorities, and tight deadlines. Additional work hours (evenings, weekends, holidays) may be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma; some business school or college coursework preferred. At least 3-5 years administrative support required. Exposure to and experience with budget process and financial reporting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential for success. Proficiency with MS Office software is required, as is the willingness to learn other programs. Proven excellence in customer service delivery to internal and external customers; tact and diplomacy in dealing with a broad variety of individuals is essential. Demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple, sometimes competing, priorities to set deadlines with superior product quality. Excellent grammar and proofreading skills required. Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate utmost professionalism required. Ability to maintain composure under stressful circumstances is necessary. Consistent, regular, and punctual attendance is required.
Commitment to the mission of the NRA and Education & Training divisions required.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.