Assistant Manager - NRA Cafe
Assist the Executive Chef/General Manager in the performance of all aspects of NRA Cafe operations including planning, marketing, purchasing, production, service and staffing [recruitment, training and supervision]. Responsible for all administrative and cash handling/reporting functions, as well as handling all aspects of in-house catering services available to both NRA staff and tenants. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association.
- Assist Executive Chef/General Manager in the following areas:
- Supervise, and train NRA Café personnel
- Plan menus and participate in food preparation and presentations
- Procurement and ordering of food, beverages, equipment and smallwares
- Development and implementation of marketing plan for NRA Café
- Development, implementation and monitoring of departmental budget
- Plan, prepare and execute specialized catering events for VIP guests
- Perform and delegate financial management functions
- Perform duties of catering coordinator to accommodate NRA staff and NRAHQ building tenants to include, but not be limited to the following duties: plan, with input from NRA staff and building tenants, menus for planned events; communicate with customers wants, needs and expectations; keep accurate files on past, present and future functions, meetings and events; oversee preparation of menu items and/or prepare menus items; and set-up and take-down of event venue.
- Daily prepare sales reports and deposits to NRA Financial Services in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform desk-top publishing functions relative to menus, invoices and pricing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform inventory and summary reports in an accurate and timely manner as needed.
- Handle telephone, messages, filing, as necessary and perform general office duties in an accurate and timely manner.
- Fill vacant cashier position as necessary and train new cashiers within departmental guidelines.
- Prepare and serve daily meals served in the NRA Café as needed
- Perform cleaning functions within the NRA Café as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High visibility with NRA Café staff, all divisions within NRA, building tenants, NRA Board of Director Members and the general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment exposed to and working with general food service equipment and machinery. Position requires the occasional overtime and weekend work, dependent upon special catering events. No travel required. Position functions with minimal direct supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma required. Previous restaurant/food service experience at the supervisory or management level required. Current Northern Virginia Food Manager license required, or the ability to acquire license within 6 months of hire date required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Excellent organizational skills required. Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision essential. Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with NRA staff, building tenants and general public essential. Good interpersonal skills required. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team required. Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day operations of the Café, in the absence of the Executive Chef/General Manager, essential. Proven cashier skills and cash reconciliation skills required. Proven ability to assist in the motivation and supervision of staff essential.
To apply, please send resume with cover letter and salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com. The NRA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer (minority/women/disabled). Please visit careers.nra.org to learn more about working for us.