SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Only experience and education obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).Qualifying experience for the EL-14 level includes one year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-13/EL-13 which is in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of specialized experience include the following:
- Comprehensive experience analyzing financial performance of financial institutions.
- Demonstrated skill in the analysis and evaluation of financial statements and other financial information to assess the financial condition and performance of the Enterprises.
- Ability to compile and analyze complex information from a variety of technical sources and to develop graphic and written reports which summarize information in easy to understand formats.
- Knowledge of commercially available sources of corporate financial performance data or mortgage credit data.
- Experience with the quantitative analysis of: the risk profile of counterparties that do business with the regulated entities; primary and secondary mortgage markets; and/or financial performance and mortgage portfolio data.
- Experience representing FHFA at meetings with the regulated entities, other government agencies, or other relevant external organizations.
- Provided analysis of current and emerging risks to earnings from business risks or changes in the macroeconomic environment.
***There are currently two positions open. However, should additional vacancies become available within three months from the opening date of this announcement, eligible applicants for this position may be referred for consideration for the additional position(s).
Benefits remain the same.
FHFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability (physical or mental), age (40 years of age or over), genetic information, parental status, marital status, prior protected EEO activity, political affiliation, or other non-merit factors.
FHFA provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, except when doing so would pose an undue hardship on the Agency. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify FHFA at (202) 649-3675. The Agency's decision on granting a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be rated based on your responses to the job specific questionnaire and assigned a score ranging from 70 to 100 points. The top ten candidates, and those tied for the tenth spot, will be referred for selection.
All of the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references or through other means, such as the interview process. This verification could occur at any stage of the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible.Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation