Academic Specialist (Cyber Community of Practice)
Occasional travel - Up to 15%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Special Sensitive position which requires a background investigation. The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security determination to occupy a Special Sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment.To qualify for this position, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Information Management, Technology, Cybersecurity, Law (or Policy), or related field. A Master's Degree is preferred.
- Have demonstrated experience in program management and expertise of the principles, methods, and/or tools used for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing a program, as it would relate to assessing information operations and cyberspace education programs.
- Have experience leading projects, collaborating with teams, exchanging information, and developing virtual and real-world associations/groups based on shared goals and objectives to enable positive interactions.
- Have experience in maintaining professional relationships with outside academic, governmental, and private organizations in the field of education, information operations and cyberspace.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Reemployed Annuitants: Department of Defense has the authority to hire annuitants without reduction in pay. For more information, go to: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A screening panel will review your resume and narrative answers to the assessment questions to evaluate your qualifications for the position. NDU uses a multi-tier selection process for academic positions You must attach a separate document with answers to the questions listed below. The following questions will be reviewed by the NDU screening panel.
- Program Management: Describe your experience in program management. Outline your expertise of the principles, methods and/or tools used for developing, coordinating, and managing a program, as it would relate to assessing information operations and cyberspace education programs.
- Interpersonal and Communication: Describe your experience leading projects, collaborating with teams, exchanging information, and developing virtual and real-world associations/groups based on shared goals and objectives to enable positive interactions.
- Engagement: Describe your experience developing, maintaining, and strengthening relations with stakeholders in the field of education, information operations and cyberspace. Highlight examples of successful partnerships in which you have facilitated.