5 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.Basic Requirements:
All candidates must have earned their first professional law degree (LL.B. or J.D.) and must be a member of the bar.
In order to be considered qualified at the GS-15 level, in addition to the basic requirements described above, you must have at least four years of professional legal experience with at least one year equivalent to the GS-14 level or equivalent education.
Professional legal education above the first professional law degree may be substituted for experience required as follows:
(a) The second professional law degree (LL.M.) may be substituted for one year of experience.
(b) The third law degree (J.S.D.) may be substituted for one year of experience beyond the LL.M.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps
build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translate directly to paid employment.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
See Qualifications Section.
- This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position.
- EEOC will not pay relocation expenses.
- The candidate selected may be required to apply for a government travel charge card.
- A background investigation is required and continued employment is contingent on completion of that process to determine suitability for federal employment.
- You may be required to serve a trial period.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
- As identical vacancies are identified, additional selections may be made from this announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your
responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job.