Manager, Product Marketing
The Manager is responsible for leading cross-functional teams to effectively package and promote United Way Worldwide (UWW) social impact products for domestic and international markets, targeting both corporate and consumer audiences. The Manager will develop and execute marketing strategies/tactics to ensure that products align with UWW’s strategic imperatives and global brand strategy. The Manager will report to the Director, Product Marketing.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at an exceptionally high level:
- Lead the development of marketing strategies/tactics to ensure products align with UWW’s strategic imperatives and global brand strategy.
- Develop product positioning and framing for new products; create compelling messages – supported by evidence and proof points - that accentuate United Way’s comparative value in the marketplace to accelerate both revenue generation and corporate/individual engagement.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, effective product marketing strategies/tactics for launch, including the provision of world class tools, information, resources and support to equip the local United Ways to drive revenue generation and corporate/individual engagement.
- Provide front line support to local United Ways to help strengthen their capability to market products locally.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-836-7100 ext. 324 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing discipline or business administration strongly preferred)
- At least three to five years of progressive experience in a similar role; product/service marketing experience a plus.
- Superb project management skills required; must possess a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget and with a high level of quality.
- Strong integrated marketing &/or communications experience required; social media and digital marketing experience strongly desired.
- Excellent writing skills; copywriting experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, preferably in a large decentralized, matrix organization; private sector experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of supervision, and to excel in a self-starting and fast paced environment required.
- International marketing experience and/or foreign language proficiency desired, but not required.
- Passion for the mission and values of United Way, with a strong interest in marketing social impact products focused on health, education and financial stability.