Research Data Associate Media Industry
Would you enjoy researching and analyzing the interesting and ever-changing media/advertising industries?
BIA/Kelsey, a leading media and communications research and consulting company, is seeking a Research Data Associate for our analyst team located in Chantilly, Va. This role is for a dedicated individual proficient in researching and analyzing data and industries and who has an interest in exploring the opportunities of the traditional and digital media landscape.
This individual should have a strong understanding of the techniques and tools needed to better understand the changing media/advertising industries. This position will be expected to assist in the formulation of advertising revenue estimates across top media, analyze big data, report on industry and research opportunities and participate in client inquires.
Self-motivation, strong communication and analytical skills are must haves. This position will report to the company’s Chief Economist.
- Analyzing data sets to help formulate estimates.
- Researching trends in advertising platforms to support estimates.
- Developing methodology and create new products.
- Responding to client inquiries.
- Preparing advertising analyses reports and custom client briefs
- Working with team to develop new products/services.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in researching new and emerging technologies/industries.
- Experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data.
- Expert SQL or knowledge of relational databases and methods for efficiently retrieving data.
- Experience with Excel or knowledge of spreadsheets and methods for efficiently analyzing data.
- Practiced PowerPoint skills or knowledge of presentation software for efficiently displaying results.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.