IT Infrastructure Manager
The Kennedy Center is the nation’s busiest performing arts center, offering over 2000 performances and welcoming over two million visitors a year. The IT Department provides, supports and maintains all the technology systems used by the over 500 staff and many of the artists, patrons and visitors.
The IT Infrastructure Manager is a critical member of a small team providing, maintaining and supporting the infrastructure systems and technology services within the IT Department, including the network, two data centers, plus cloud hosting environments.
Primary job responsibilities include designing, implementing and managing solutions for hosting various systems and services, security monitoring and compliance,development of DevOps capability and systems, managing infrastructure upgrade and replacement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
30% Design, implement and manage architecture for remote application access using Citrix, or other applicable remote access technologies.
25% Work with the software development team to implement DevOps technologies for continuous build and integration
25% Monitor and maintain network/security systems
20% Assist service Desk with Tier 2/3 problems and troubleshooting, including 1 week per month on emergency call duty.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical subject, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- 5-7 years with IT systems management tools and client/server environments
- Experience working with Active Directory/DNS/Group Policy, firewalls, cloud hosting environments, preferably AWS
- Demonstrated success with problem analysis and critical thinking
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a technical project plan
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a business justification for technology solutions
- Ability to analyze business needs and recommend technical solutions
- Working knowledge of PCI/DSS and general data security best practices
- Familiarity with basic SDLC
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, Network switching, VMware technologies
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical people
- Highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.
For consideration apply online at www.kennedy-center.org/jobs .