Position Summary The National Multifamily Housing Council seeks a full-time Communications Associate to join a growing, dynamic communications team. This entry-level position supports NMHC’s digital publishing, marketing and communications initiatives. The associate will work with the communications team to post and distribute content across NMHC’s digital platforms, including newsletters, emails, NMHC.org and social media, as well as support the ongoing maintenance of NMHC.org. The ideal candidate will possess in digital/web production and an impeccable attention to detail.
Reports to: Assistant Director, Communications and Marketing
- Create and distribute newsletters, emails, breaking news updates and other digital content.
- Assist in the maintenance of NMHC’s email-marketing and editorial calendars of communications.
- Support the creation of marketing automation programs.
- Manage NMHC website content, working with staff to identify and post relevant content.
- Ensure all content posted across all communications channels follows best practices and is error free.
- Create regular tracking reports for communications efforts.
- Dig into web, email and marketing analytics to aid in data-driven decision making and planning.
- Supports NMHC marketing and communications initiatives to ensure deliverables meet objectives and deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with content management systems. Other digital publishing platforms a plus.
- Working knowledge of page formatting, image management, video, HTML, Photoshop, or similar software/technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating and editing news, marketing copy, blog posts or other written forms of communication for a wide audience.
- Familiarity with marketing automation platforms.
- Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Organized with an eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including but not limited to executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to be a team player as well as work independently with minimal supervision
Salary NMHC offers a flexible and professional work environment with competitive compensation, excellent benefits, business casual dress, and 401K.
Application Instructions Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to email@example.com, with the subject: Communications Associate—[Your Last Name].
The National Multifamily Housing Council is an equal opportunity employer