Legal Reporter- Enviornment Health & Safety
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Legal Reporter to perform legal news reporting and analysis, analytical pieces and general assignments in the areas of the environment and occupational health and safety.
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Screen cases, legislation, regulations and other legal developments; analyze issues; edit, report, research, update and/or writs legal content.
- File breaking news alerts, intraday stories and final write-throughs.
- Originate, propose and develop story ideas.
- Develop and maintain sources and professional contacts in the government and private sectors.
- May participate in production of unit's publication(s).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields.
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s).
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3+ years’ experience in some combination of news reporting, legal writing and/or legal practice; abilities in legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes; ability to file a news story on deadline; ability to carry out assigned research and writing projects within deadlines under general supervision; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc. and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others. Juris Doctor, paralegal training, substantial progress toward a law degree, relevant coursework, and/or experience preferred.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.