Attorney - Ethics
Occasional travel - Occasional travel is required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Manager of unit to which assigned.
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
- Ability to prepare pretrial briefs, motions, pleadings, responses and other documents to present the issues independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Ability to provide legal advice and services with respect to regulations, practices, or other legal matters, and formulate opinions involving the analysis and interpretation of federal, state and local laws.
- Ability to litigate cases before administrative bodies and federal courts.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to include the ability to negotiate with third parties on behalf of clients and prepare legal documents and presentations.
- Ability to conduct legal research to gather and interpret information and ensure accuracy of details; using resources such as internal and external documents, archives, electronic databases, and interviews.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: To be eligible for the Attorney position, you must possess a Juris Doctor from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- SPECIAL CONDITION: Qualified applicants must be a current member in good standing of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Bar Association.
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: At least 3 years of experience in legal practice, of which one year of the experience requirement may be met through the completion of a judicial clerkship if completed by the time of hire. The clerkship must be documented in the applicant's resume.
- Knowledge of the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch, the Hatch Act, and other federal laws governing the ethical conduct of executive branch employees.
- Ability to provide ethics-based legal advice to prepare and deliver ethics-based training programs.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
BENEFIT INFORMATION: The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies.
We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer
contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
Relocation benefits will NOT be offered to the successful candidate.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable