Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Financial Manager
- Experience with Momentum Financials and/or PeopleSoft
- Experience with Intra Governmental Transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, concepts, practices, and techniques of auditing, to include GAGAS and the identification of conditions, causes, criteria, effect, and recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to detect and prevent waste, fraud, and abuse in one or more of the following areas: Federal contracting practices, government budgeting and finance, information technology and assurance, and/or the IC's structure, components, and missions.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to interview, negotiate, and brief senior officials; ability to collaborate with an audit team in the development of audit plans, conduct audit projects, and write reports to substantiate findings.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to identify needs, requirements, and develop extensive recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data, and arrive at a clear, logical and concise conclusion.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and form objective conclusions/recommendations, monitor for compliance, and evaluate the effectiveness of recommendations based on empirical facts, evidence, and other pertinent information.
- Thorough academic/professional knowledge of federal budget and finance laws, regulations, concepts, methods and standards. Thorough knowledge of and familiarity with principles, concepts, and practices of accounting and Federal Acquisition Regulations, reform initiatives and policy and procedures.
- Degree in Accounting (Bachelors or higher is desired)
- Experience with financial statements, internal controls and financial audits.
The ODNI is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: The ODNI provides reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities. IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Intelligence Community Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Office Representative by classified email at DNI-EEOD-RA-ACF@exchange.cia.ic.gov, by unclassified email at DNI-EEOD@dni.gov, by telephone at 703-874-8360, by TTY at 703-874-8554, or by FAX at 703-874-8651. Your request for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO THE EEOD EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS EMAIL IS FOR REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUESTS ONLY. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION VIA THE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED IN THE 'HOW TO APPLY' SECTION BELOW.
JOB INTERVIEW TRAVEL: Candidates from outside the Washington, D.C., area may be selected for a telephone, teleconference, or in-person interview. If selected for an in-person interview, the ODNI hiring office will pay for travel by commercial carrier (economy class) or reimburse for privately owned vehicle (POV) mileage. If applicable, the candidate also will be reimbursed at a flat rate for commercial lodging and per diem.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants are encouraged to carefully review the position description and required KSAs and then construct their resumes to highlight their most relevant and significant experience and education for this job opportunity. The description should include examples that detail the level and complexity of the work performed. Applicants will also be evaluated on their narrative responses to the KSAs. The best qualified applicants will be further evaluated through an interview process.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI