Senior Policy Advisor
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.Mandatory Qualifications Requirements: To meet minimum qualifications, applicants must possess the following technical and executive core competencies. These competencies would typically be gained through education, experience, and training that reflects progressive development and achievement.
Technical Professional Competencies - All applicants must include a narrative statement showing how their knowledge and experience relate to the following Technical Professional Competencies (TPCs). The narrative statement should not exceed two pages for each TPC.
TPC1: Experience in a senior executive role in business management principles and practices required to lead and coordinate the activities of a multidisciplinary staff.
TPC2: Experience in budget management, strategic planning, and performance accountability processes.
TPC3: Experience in the project management of a complex electronic business system.
Executive Core Qualifications: The following Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) are mandatory UNLESS you are a current member of the Career SES, a former Career SES member with reinstatement eligibility or an OPM/QRB certified candidate. The narrative statement should not exceed two pages for each Executive Core Qualification.
ECQ 1: LEADING CHANGE: Please describe your ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals, and your ability to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2: LEADING PEOPLE: Please describe your ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals, and your ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolutions of conflicts.
ECQ 3: RESULTS DRIVEN: Please describe your ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations, and your ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4: BUSINESS ACUMEN: Please describe your ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5: BUILDING COALITIONS: Please describe your ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Citizenship: The selected applicant must be a United States citizen. Proof of citizenship will be required prior to selection.
- Qualifications Approval and Probationary Period: Persons newly selected for career appointment to the SES must have their executive core qualifications approved by the Office of Personnel Management Qualifications Review Board and will be required to serve a 1-year probationary period.
- Background Investigation: This position is designated as critical sensitive and requires a background investigation.
- Financial Disclosure: Senior Executives are required to comply with the Ethics in Government Act, as amended, which requires the submission of a financial disclosure statement, SF 278, upon assuming an SES position, annually, and upon separation from employment.
- This is a not a bargaining-designated position.
- Veterans' preference does not apply in the Senior Executive Service.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants will be evaluated by a panel of senior executives to determine the degree to which they possess the above qualifications.
Current career Senior Executives, QRB-certified graduates of SES candidate development programs, and individuals with SES reinstatement eligibility are not required to address the executive core qualifications. They are required to address the technical qualifications. All other applicants are required to address both the executive core qualifications and the technical qualifications
To preview questions please click here.