Help Desk Coordinator
Westat is seeking a Help Desk Coordinator to manage and coordinate activities for on-site help staff across projects receiving requests for assistance via phone, and electronically. This important help desk role is critical to support our household travel and other smart phone and web-based surveys. The coordinator must be highly organized, adaptive, able to successfully work with technology, and a capable team player. Limited support for administrative tasks is also required.
· The help desk coordinator will oversee a team of agents who troubleshoot and solve problems that relate to the technical support of hardware and data transmissions
· Answer procedural questions, and document problems in a customized system
· Report on operational and technical issues
· Respond to phone and email requests, and conduct interviews with survey respondents
· A bachelor's degree
· At least 1 year of experience related to overseeing help desk projects and employees
· Cover 5 days a week with hours on evenings and weekends and varied end-times depending on the time zone of current projects. Could be as late as 11:00pm on weekdays and 9:00pm on weekends at our Atlanta office.
The successful candidate should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a highly organized approach to work and be detail-oriented.
Westat offers competitive benefits with ESOP, 401k, Health, Dental, paid vacation, sick and holiday leave, professional development as well as other benefits.
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.