Engineer, Network Operations Center
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Engineer Network Operations Center is position is responsible for the technical expertise for the timely resolution of customer's service issues in VSAT platforms in a 24x7 NOC. This individual is required to understand customer service design, SLA and customer expectations. This individual will be responsible for taking into account redundancy, availability, scalability, security, restoral options and customer impact when resolving customer issues. This role facilitates teamwork with NOC technicians in support of ensuring highest level of customer experience.
Lead and participate in proactive service management and incident response for elimination and mitigation of operational impact to customers.
Provide a timely and professional response to customer communications, perform detailed problem diagnosis on faulty systems, ensure service restoration or alternate service configurations and resolve network or platform problems.
Utilize tools and demonstrate a high level of proficiency to assess and troubleshoot Network Broadband platforms (one or more of the following: iDirect, Comtech, Gilat, Newtec) as well as DVB, IP, and RF issues while working closely with customers to maintain all service level agreements.
Provide key input and/or lead in the development of operational support of data and documentation pertaining to new or existing infrastructure, platforms or services, development of training materials, processes, procedures, skills assessments.
Provide leadership of System support, Change Management and Quality oversight, and act as a Maintenance liaison with supporting teams.
Perform job responsibilities consistently and provide a high level of professional, quality customer service at all times.
Produce and deliver training, training materials and input to tool improvement to ensure operational readiness and in areas requiring further knowledge development.
Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Engineers, Supervisors and Management.
Required Skills, Knowledge, And Abilities
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of one (1) year work experience (or equivalent combination)
- Proficient knowledge of signal flow analysis and troubleshooting is required
- Must consistently display situational awareness and take initiative to address customer issues as well as departmental inefficiencies with little supervision
- Must have VSAT network management (e.g. iDirect, Gilat, Newtec, Comtech HNS)
- Must have experience with routers, switches and QOS/traffic engineering analysis
- Must have experience with creating service diagrams and documentation using Microsoft Visio and other MS Office tools
- General understanding of satellite communication ground station equipment including modems, converters, HPA, LNA, IFL and antenna systems is highly desirable
- General understanding of RF principals and experience with interference troubleshooting is highly desirable
- Experience with RF link budget analysis is desirable
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Video, IP networks, and Data communication using modern troubleshooting tools is desirable
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.