Office Operations Associate (IFES)
The Office Operations Associate is an important part of the facilities work at IFES. The position is an entry level position in the Facilities and Administration department. As a member of the team the Office Operations Associate will provide operational, logistical and front desk support for the IFES office in Washington DC.The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet IFES’ changing needs, at the sole discretion of management Job Responsibilities:
- Facilities maintenance for HQ office. Coordinating with IFES building management and their various departments. Assisting with facilities duties as needed.
- Orders supplies on a weekly basis. Conducts weekly inventory of supplies. Acts as the liaison between IFES and supply vendor/s.
- Post jobs on job boards and input into internal database.
- Assists with onboarding of new staff; creating name plates, file folders.
- Tracks deliveries and packages coming into and being sent from IFES.
- Preforms routine maintenance on office equipment and arranges repair of equipment.
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail and packages including couriers.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate staff or department.
- Coordinate office events in terms of venue, catering, and anything else that is needed.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Consistently and accurately update extension list for all employees.
- Acts as point of contact for all service requests and manages services requests.
- Manages employee access cards. Creates and terminates employee access as necessary. Ensures that the system database is up to date. Acts as the liaison between IFES and vendor.
- Provides a welcoming, inviting, and professional atmosphere for IFES guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE: Provides the support necessary for the team to achieve its goals. Job duties are fairly straight forward and require following common procedures and guidelines and knowledge of facilities coordination. Manages own workload, time and priorities, with general guidance from supervisor.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Has the knowledge and skills to identify solutions to routine problems. Produces useful ideas or explanations for circumstances, but may need guidance on execution for results. Understands and applies policies and proactively suggests solutions/improvements on issues.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Processes routine transaction in compliance with IFES procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains working relationship with team members and other staff within the Organization. Initiates contact with staff in other departments to exchange detailed, substantive information and coordinates activities necessary to achieve work goals. Routine interactions with staff and outside guests require good interpersonal and customer service skills.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred or a High School Diploma and experience.
Experience: 0-2 years’ experience in related field with Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma and 2 plus years of experience. Experience coordinating front desk duties a plus. Prior facilities experience preferred. Ability to maintain professional demeanor when dealing with difficult calls. Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Detailed oriented and organized. Ability to work independently. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong communication skills. Collaborative, team oriented individual.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Detailed oriented and organized. Ability to prioritize, take direction, and handle varied tasks within deadlines. Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Collaborative, team oriented individual
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Must be able to lift at least 25lbs. Job requires bending, stooping, lifting and standing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
You must go to www.ifes.org to the Careers section and apply online. Applications are only accepted in this way. Make sure you upload all papers together (ie. cover letter and application, etc.). Resumes are only reviewed and accepted if submitted through our careers page.