CDL Driver (Contract)
The City of Takoma Park is seeking a licensed CDL Driver to provide transportation for the Recreation Department on an as needed basis. This position requires driving a 23-seat passenger bus for multiple trips and events throughout the Washington Metropolitan area. There are multiple positions available. Transportation services may vary depending on the season and mutually agreed upon dates and times. Hours are flexible and vary depending on the length of the trip or event. Trips and events are scheduled sporadically throughout the year during the day, evening and/or weekend with an increase in volume during the summer. Typical length of trip is 6 hours. This is a contracted position and not subject to membership in the AFSCME union. This position requires a CDL license, B passenger endorsement to be considered. The hourly rate is $20.00 with a schedule that varies.
- Providing a pre-inspection of bus and refueling at Public Works Department
- Ensuring bus is clean and safe
- Maintaining and operating the proper use of bus, including seat adjustment and wheelchair lift
- Aiding participants on and off the bus and the wheelchair lift
- Completing and submitting forms at the completion of the trip
- Ensuring on-call availability during the trip
- Responsible for having directions to and from each trip destination
- Performing other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must enjoy working with seniors, children, youth and young adults
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with different cultural backgrounds
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must maintain a current Commercial Driver License with passenger endorcement.
- Must successfully pass a background screening.
- Must have a clean driving record.