Graphic Design & Multimedia Specialist, Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce - McCourt
Graphic Design & Multimedia Specialist, Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce - McCourt School of Public Policy
The Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce is an independent, nonprofit research and policy institute that studies the link between education, career qualifications, and workforce demands. The Center conducts research in three core areas with the goal of better aligning education and training with workforce and labor market demand: jobs, skills, and people.
The Graphic Design & Multimedia Specialist applies innovative layout and design expertise to enhance the digital presence via its website, publications and data visualizations. S/he has substantial involvement in the production of the Center's reports (8 - 10 per year). The Graphic Design & Multimedia Specialist has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Manages the Center's websites through content creation, using WordPress/HTML/CSS to code webpages and create interactive tools.
- Conceptualizes dynamic data visualizations with vendors and creates tools as needed, including statistical graphs, interactive tables, and charts.
- Creates infographics, one-pagers, minor publications and more using Adobe InDesign.
- Designs banners and social media graphics using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Manages vendor relationships, including graphic designers, web developers, and printers.
- Writes, copyedits and proofs documents, web projects, and graphic design projects.
- Collaborates on video creative input, conducting video and podcast editing as needed.
- Collaborates on development of website strategy.
- Manages external web developers to continue enhancing our digital presence.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design
- 2 -4 years of layout/design, front-end web development, project coordination and/or management
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and HTML/CSS software
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management skills, and high detail orientation
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.