The Network Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of all infrastructure of information systems relating to hardware, software, security, and networking. This individual will develop new strategies to optimize server operation and also manage complex system requirements and create technical documentation for users. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. In addition, this individual ensures that the systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, networking, security and procedures adhere to organizational values.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Design and implement network systems, conduct short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements.
- Configure and install software, servers, and other network devices
- Design, configure and setup complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Design, configure and setup complex switching environments
- Monitor network performance and integrity and automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Configure and setup Firewalls/Security appliances for access to vital applications
- Maintain knowledge of the latest security threats
- Network auditing and intrusion detection techniques
- Perform internal and external security tests on all available networks and correct issues
- Create, manage and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Develop network infrastructure and information security policies and procedures.
- Advanced network troubleshooting including packet captures and network sniffing
- Maintain complete technical documentation for use by the network operations and support teams.
- R&D, proof of concept evaluations, researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
- Disaster Recovery simulation exercise pre-planning and on-site support as needed
- Project management for IT Infrastructure-related initiatives
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Info Systems, or related field with 7+ yrs. of job related experience in a network administration and information security.
- Experience working with Windows servers, extensive experience with Windows Server Environments, Active Directory etc.
- Virtual Environments (VMWare & Hyper-V) and load balancing/clustering.
- Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches, firewalls and unified communication voice systems.
- Experience in VPN creation and troubleshooting (IPSEC and GRE)
- Implement security standards encompassing networking infrastructure and information systems.
- Unified threat management concepts such as application control, data loss prevention, etc.
- Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN and NAC.
- Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools.
- Compliance standards, including but not limited to, HIPAA, PCI, PII, and SOX.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply for Network Administrator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly