Marketing Assistant - Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
The National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Engineering, and National Academy of Medicine work together as the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine to provide independent, objective analysis and advice to the nation and conduct other activities to solve complex problems and inform public policy decisions. The National Academies also encourage education and research, recognize outstanding contributions to knowledge, and increase public understanding in matters of science, engineering, and medicine.
The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) is the National Academy of Science's official peer-reviewed journal of original scientific research. Since its establishment in 1914, it publishes cutting-edge research reports, commentaries, reviews, perspectives, colloquium papers, and actions of the Academy. Coverage in PNAS spans the biological, physical, and social sciences.
The Marketing Assistant will perform a broad set of marketing activities related to scientific publication at an influential organization. Specifically, the Marketing Assistant provides assistance in support of one or more of the following activities and programs: marketing, sales, outreach, and/or media. May also perform varied clerical duties such as compiling information, filing, posting information, and responding to inquiries. Assists staff with creating promotional materials and conducting events. Applies knowledge of department policies and procedures to support marketing, sales, outreach, or media efforts. Excellent written and communication skills required including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language such as the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists in the unit’s marketing and outreach efforts for products, services, and/or events. Helps create marketing/outreach materials. Drafts and edits copy. Designs marketing collateral. Researches, creates, and maintains contact lists as appropriate.
2. Assists in social media content presence of PNAS. Creates social media content, researches other science feeds and best practices. Compiles analytics data.
3. Implements PNAS email marketing tactics. Designs email templates. Maintains email lists and sending schedule.
4. Contributes to subscription goals for PNAS. Assists with tracking sales, reviewing reports, and responding to customer and sales agent inquiries as needed.
5. Conducts and reviews market research and competitor research. Analyzes information and employs creative problem solving abilities using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
6. Performs office duties, including filing and maintaining department databases. Prepares items for shipping. Identifies areas for improvement and suggests changes to current methods.
7. Schedules and coordinates events and meetings as necessary. Handles logistics for events, including shipping materials, preparing facilities, travel, and accommodation arrangements, assisting with on-site activities, and handling special needs and requests.
8. Establishes relationships with contractors and staff. Seeks out partnership opportunities as appropriate. Team player with experience building internal and external relationships.
9. Assists with processing financial paperwork and filing. Maintains financial records.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Basic knowledge of marketing principles and practices. Ability to solve problems through selection and application of commonly used rules, procedures, and precedents. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other National Academies’ departments. Good communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
If you already have an account created with the Academies, to apply to this position, click “Add to my Jobs” with your login information. If this is your first time applying with the Academies, please click “Apply for this position” below.