Senior Supervisor, Service and Project Support
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
As a Senior Supervisor, this position is primarily responsible for growing a team of Engineers that will coordinate the interaction between Network Operations and Network Engineering in a 24x7 environment that configures, monitors, and analyzes satellite and terrestrial communications equipment and systems. This role will align company business objectives across departments and support Information Technology and systems projects, in order to deliver the highest performing customer network solutions. We are looking for a candidate with the technical skill to fully understand new product and service implementation, in order to own the continuing development of all process and products used by the Service Management department. Using analytic reporting, this position will proactively monitor network service and recommend optimization procedure
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES ITAR ACCESS - Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Aslyees**
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline preferred.
- 7 years of experience working in a Teleport or similar facility, required (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience).
- Must have knowledge of networking, data communications and systems engineering, with additional understanding of and experience in multi-service IP networks, data network strategies, and multi- vendor equipment and network protocols.
- Must have knowledge of and experience with Industry best practices for network engineering and operations, creating robust service implementation strategies and operating network infrastructure for a Service Provider Network.
- Must have experience with M&C and Network Management Systems.
- Previous experience supervising employees preferred.
- Experience with directing network professionals and developing inter-organizational relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Supervise a team of Engineers ensuring proper team coverage of programs and initiatives.
- Collaborate with upper Management to develop and maintain short and long-term Service Management business planning, incorporating project budgeting and forecasting.
- Implement, support and enhance Network Management Systems (NMS), Monitoring and Control (M&C) and Spectrum and Content Monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team on the concept development of all new products and services.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering, Network Engineering, and Network Operations during the implementation of all new products.
- Ensure that operation policies, standards and procedures are properly implemented, maintained, and enhanced.
- Lead the Process Improvement and Operational Readiness initiatives.
- Delegate work and hold direct reports accountable to ensure that best practice procedure is incorporated from a multiple department perspective, and developed within a specifically defined role responsibility.
- Mentor and develop effective career path plans for employees in order to increase key skills needed both in the management and technical capability sets.
- Monitor compliance with current operating standards, to best assess team effectiveness and process alignment.
- Participate in development and deployment of best practice procedure from a multiple department perspective, with specifically defined role responsibility.
- Lead Service Management Group meetings to ensure alignment with other departments and exceed company expectations.
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.