Director of Marketing
For over 165 years, the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington has been leading the way in youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Every year, the Y provides opportunities in wellness, aquatics, tennis, summer camp, childcare, and more for over 250,000 people through 17 branches and program centers across the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is looking for an experienced marketing professional to support the continued growth and community impact of the YMCA membership and healthy living service portfolio. The dynamic individual selected will actively support the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington’s mission, uphold its core values and serve as an ambassador of the Y brand. The Director of Marketing will be based at the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington Association Services Office and report to the Vice President of Member Service on the following key areas of responsibility:
- Manage the planning, development and delivery of all marketing support needed in the member service & healthy living service portfolio (includes managing and/or working directly with any 3rd parties involved) in a fashion that position COO and VP Member Service for timely advanced review & approval of the following:
- Website content development & updates
- Email content updates & distribution
- Digital / Social media content development & distribution
- Print advertising purchases, content development & delivery/placement
- Radio/TV advertising purchase, content updates & distribution
- Support the VP of Member Service with recommendation for marketing strategy, timelines and creative development/resources/needs of specific initiatives for COO approval, including
- Membership campaign months
- Ongoing portfolio marketing needs and initiatives
- New healthy living program launches, program session launches and strategic initiatives
- Continually elevate the YMCA brand through all marketing/communication mediums
- Uphold YMCA brand guidelines and standards in all marketing mediums / communications of the membership & healthy living portfolio.
- Continue to elevate local community awareness, understanding and perception of the national and local YMCA brand, promise and impact.
- Positively engage members and non-members through all social media channels to drive positive, measurable outcomes for the YMCA (improve related scores).
- Leverage YUSA marketing efforts and regional YMCA marketing efforts to best support YMCA of Metropolitan Washington marketing goals and initiatives.
Provide Association-wide marketing reports (Google analytics, SEO reports, email delivery/open/click-through/response reports, social media reports, marketing ROI reports, etc.) to demonstrate the enhanced performance, impact and return on investment of YMCA marketing initiatives and assets.
A minimum of five-years of experience supporting comprehensive marketing strategy development and implementation for a service-based organization is required (prior YMCA experience is preferred). The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with digital content management platforms (experience with web design, search engine optimization / search engine marketing, online marketing tools/best practices and customer relationship management platforms is preferred) with a record of driving successful results. This position requires excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and project management experience. Advanced PC and technology skills, with demonstrated competencies in WordPress or Drupal, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related technology is required. Experience with creative design software (i.e.InVision) is preferred. The ideal candidate will be best described as a data-driven, results oriented leader that is committed to providing excellent customer service.
We offer an exciting, fun, inclusive, growth-oriented work environment with competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package that includes strong health benefits package, long-term and short-term disability, 10% employer paid retirement, childcare discount, complimentary Y membership, and continuous professional development opportunities.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter summarizing their interest, qualifications and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type "Director of Marketing" in the email subject line. The position will be opened until filled.
The YMCA of Metropolitan Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. For other YMCA career opportunities visit our website: www.ymcadc.org.
Apply for Director of Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly