Professor and Chair of the Department of Veterinary Medicine
Professor and Chair of the Department of Veterinary Medicine and Associate Dean of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Maryland College Park
- Responsible for the Department’s day-to-day operations and reports to the Dean of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- Provide vision and leadership to all Department personnel and programs.
- Effectively administer the finances, policies, and facilities of the Department.
- Work productively and effectively with department faculty, staff, students, and the Dean and other University personnel.
- Provide proactive liaison with leaders of industry, government, other academic institutions, the public and professional societies.
- Facilitate Departmental excellence by the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, and foster the professional and scholarly growth of these individuals.
- Contribute directly to scholarly activities of the Department.
- Serve on the Executive Board of the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (VMCVM).
- Work with VMCVM Dean to develop and manage annual budgets.
- Delivering educational programs as part of the VMCVM.
- Applicants must have a DVM or equivalent degree in Veterinary Medicine as well as a Ph.D. degree in a related field, be internationally recognized for accomplishments in research, have demonstrated a commitment to teaching or extension, and be qualified to be tenured as Professor.
- Candidates should possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, and have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, students, and industry and/or other clientele.
- The candidate must demonstrate progressive leadership and previous experience and commitment to professional education, essential to providing oversight of Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine and graduate programs at the University of Maryland.
- BEST CONSIDERATION DATE: MARCH 23, 2018