Capitol Boiler Works, Inc is now hiring a Warehouse Clerk for our Springfield, VA location. We offer competitive wages, excellent benefits, and growth opportunity.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Receives, counts, and stores stock items and records data, manually or using computer.
- Records nature, quantity, value, or location of material, supplies, or equipment received, shipped, used, or issued to workers.
- Compares office inventory records with sales orders, invoices, or requisitions to verify accuracy and receipt of items.
- Locates and selects material, supplies, tools, equipment, or other articles from stock or issues stock item to workers.
- Compiles, reviews, and maintains data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to determine supply needs.
- Packs, unpacks, and marks stock items, using identification tag, stamp, electric marking tool, or other labeling equipment.
- Determines method of storage, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capacity of facility.
- Delivers products, supplies, and equipment to designated area, and determines sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Verifies computations against physical count of stock, adjusts for errors, or investigates discrepancies.
- Receives and fills orders or supplies, materials, and products to workers.
- Prepares documents to purchase new or additional stock and recommends disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Confers with engineering and purchasing personnel and vendors regarding procurement and stock availability.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reports damage to supervisor, and disposes of or returns items to vendor.
- Adjusts repairs, assembles, or prepares products, supplies, equipment, or other items, according to specifications or worker requirements.
- Assists or directs to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and instruments, and storage areas to ensure compliance to safety regulations.
- Drives truck and/or Fork lift to pick up incoming stock or deliver parts to designated locations.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months – two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good computer skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to coach co-workers
- Must be able to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-priority team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer