Senior Associate, Health IT Policy
The Governmental Affairs & Public Policy Division of the American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking to hire a Senior Associate, Health IT Policy to work in its Washington, DC office. ACP, a national organization of internists, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with 152,000 members worldwide.
The Senior Associate, Health IT Policy will have a leadership role in developing College policy and advocacy positions related to health information technology (health IT) issues. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conducting analysis of regulatory and legislative proposals to support College policy
- Developing/maintaining extensive knowledge of health IT standards development organizations (SDOs)
- Providing support for ACP public policy activities related to quality improvement through the use of performance measures, health IT, financial incentives, and patient safety activities
- Providing lead staff support to the ACP Medical Informatics Committee (MIC)
- Contributing technical expertise and advice to further College initiatives related to clinical data registries, electronic clinical quality measurement, and computerized clinical guidance
A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is highly preferred. The successful candidate will have a degree in Computer/Information Science, Healthcare Informatics, or Public Health with experience in the other disciplines; and will have professional experience involving information systems, policy issues, and the healthcare environment. Candidates must possess knowledge of federal policymaking processes and the health IT marketplace, including:
- Health information systems technology and computer and communications equipment
- A variety of information technology architectures, network architectures, and applications software
- Internet and web server platforms, and development tools
- Current industry standards and directions, including technologies such as XML and JSON, and modelling methods used in standards development
- Current technologies, techniques, and tools employed to develop and produce products for distribution via multiple media: print, web, handheld, wireless, etc.
- Legislative and regulatory process, especially as they pertain to the health IT environment
- The impact of health IT on the physician practice environment
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. Find out more about ACP at: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should apply online: https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/jobs/.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any of the following classes: veterans, any disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity.