Manager, Membership Administration
Job Title: Manager, Membership Administration
Department: Membership and Chapter Services
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Membership Administration
SUMMARY: The Manager, Membership and Chapter Relations is the primary administrative support to the Member and Chapter Services Department. The manager is responsible for the following: 1) maintenance of the WICT membership database and records systems; 2) providing customer service for members, prospects, chapter leaders, as well as general inquiries; 3) assisting with member and chapter services projects as directed, and 4) general office support as requested. The position also regularly participates as a member of interdepartmental teams and may be tasked with managing cross-departmental projects on an ongoing basis.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Two years’ experience in office administration/data entry, and a high energy level. Excellent verbal/written communications and computer skills are required. Interest in women’s leadership issues along with demonstrated expertise in customer service and office administration highly beneficial. Bachelor’s Degree in a related area preferred. Some travel may be required. The Membership Administration Manager will at all times represent the WICT organization in a highly professional and appropriate manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: College degree.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General office work environment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Membership Administration
- Database& Membership Management
- Performs data entry, including new members, renewing members, prospects and corporate records as needed.
- Accurately produces reports from the system as needed.
- Accurately generates and produces invoices for renewals and group billing; provides invoices or letters in coordination with various membership campaigns.
- Offers support to other staff members as related to the database.
- Responsible for reviewing returned items, including mail pieces and emails, and updating records accordingly.
- Documents database and website processes as needed.
- Creates database output and recommendations on reporting that would benefit member/chapter support.
- Tracks department supplies for printed membership/chapter needs and orders printing when needed.
- Responds in a professional manner to all phone calls/messages within 24 hours.
- Prepares and distributes bi-monthly chapter reports.
- Can articulate WICT’s vision and mission and cross-sell programs to callers when appropriate.
- Provides electronic membership confirmations/electronic receipts within 3 business days to new/renewed members.
- Offers website support to members.
- Travels several times per year in support of WICT’s chapters.
C.Member and Chapter Projects
- Manages specific departmental areas of the website including but not limited to the chapter leader area and Member & Chapter Services.
- Supports chapter websites hosted on the national platform and reviews chapter marketing materials for branding consistency and clarity of messaging.
- Manages collection and storage of chapter documentation in support of the Model Chapter Business Plan.
- Assists in developing and implementing membership campaigns as directed, including generating lists and managing email distribution through Exact Target/Salesforce.
D.General Office Support
- Knowledgeable in operating office equipment.
- Serves as primary backup for incoming phone calls on the main telephone number and for staffing the reception desk during the absence of the project coordinator.
- Travels to programs, meetings and projects as necessary and assigned.
- As requested, enters meeting and special events registrations into the database.
- Maintains a cooperative and close working relationship with staff, the chapter network, and WICT membership and volunteers.