GRAPHIC DESIGNER I
The International Food Policy Research Institute seeks a highly-motivated Graphic Designer to join the Communications and Public Affairs team. The Graphic Designer will produce high-quality and professional visual communication products to promote IFPRI's research to an array of target audiences. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual with experience designing and delivering compelling visual communication outputs within a dynamic environment.
This is a 1-year, fixed term, renewable, exempt appointment and is located at IFPRI headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Design both print and digital visual communication products, from multiple design concepts to final delivery, including, but not limited to: conference banners, brochures, data visualizations, flyers, posters, presentations, research reports, and websites.
- Layout print publications such as policy papers and reports while assisting in the creation of flexible InDesign templates.
- Design engaging visual content for IFPRI website, interactive applications, social media, and email campaigns.
- Apply knowledge of layout, color theory, typography, and iconography to execute a wide variety of graphic design projects for both print and digital.
- Follow IFPRI branding guidelines to ensure consistency and quality across all visual outputs.
- Coordinate printing of IFPRI publications and materials with local and international vendors.
- Collaborate effectively across the institution to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables.
- Bachelor's Degree in Art Design, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design producing high quality artwork, illustrations, and other graphics for communication purposes.
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio demonstrating excellent typography, layout, and creativity.
- Extensive experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and web platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging content.
- Familiarity designing within PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Ability to work quickly to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects at once.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills, and exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
Click on the following link to access the Graphic Designer job application